August 2020 Release
RingCentral desktop app
- App integrations: Connect to services like Jira and GitHub to deliver notification messages directly in any team.
- Workspace: Access all your tasks and events in a single place.
- Preview uploaded videos: See previews of uploaded videos in conversation stream.
- Calendar presence setting: Enable the calendar to update the presence status when an event is happening.
RingCentral mobile app
- Guest indicator: Conversations with guests outside your company now have a visual indicator.
- File sharing options: Easily share files and photos from other apps via message and fax.
- Mark selected posts as unread: Pick up from where you left off by marking any message and those below it as unread.
- Message reply actions: Users can quickly respond to a message with a single tap using Like, Quote, Edit and more. A single or long tap on the last message brings up a selection menu.
Please find security best practice recommendations for RingCentral Meetings here.
New account-level settings for IT admins
Admins now have more power to administer settings across the account, such as:
- Turn OFF “Join Before Host” for all users.
- Make passwords mandatory for meetings (instant or scheduled).
- Limit screen sharing to hosts only.
From the RingCentral app
- Embedded Meetings: RingCentral Meetings URLs will now launch directly in the RingCentral app, no other application required.
Web client updates
- Attendees can now join the meeting with computer audio and video.
- Support for screen sharing, in-meeting chat, viewing and typing closed captions, nonverbal feedback, Q&A for webinar attendees.
- Attendees can join a webinar without registration.
Pre-meeting video lobby
- Attendees will now be shown their camera video preview and given the option to join with or without sharing their video.
Audio setting for Auto-Select based on Network
- The setting automatically chooses the best audio option depending on the customer's current phone connection.
- Stay connected to all of your contacts by syncing your RingCentral, Microsoft, and Google accounts.
- Cisco CP8851 w/expansions: These models have been added for purchase in the US, Canada, and UK.
- Cisco 6821 and 8851 w/expansions: These phone models are now available for purchase for RingCentral Office and Global Office customers.
- Spectralink DECT phone support: Spectralink now offers an integration guide for their multi-cell DECT devices providing instructions on how to configure those phones.
- Cisco SPA303 & SPA508G end of sale: These older models have been removed from purchasing methods.
RingCentral for Slack
- Call a specific phone number in Slack with new slash commands.
RingCentral for Salesforce
- High Velocity Sales (Beta): We now support High Velocity Sales (HVS) in RingCentral for Salesforce.
- Cloud Phone Reporting (Beta): Leverage RingCentral Analytics data and view it as a native Salesforce report.
- The new site provides easy access to RingCentral's security and compliance documents to assist our customers with their own compliance or regulatory assessments. Learn how to access the trust portal.
Adoption and Usage analytics
- Added app version information to message and video pages.
- Add a logo and message to user service notifications.
Admin Portal enhancements
- Copy existing settings onto a new user, bulk upload phone numbers, improved table search, home page shortcuts for multisite accounts, and a consolidated phone numbers tab.
Global Number Porting
- Request porting of international numbers in the Admin Portal.
Watch the August 2020 webinar
Our RingCentral University training team provides a more in-depth review of our recent updates and enhanced features.
Review more detail
Our support site lists information for each of our latest releases.